Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Google Earth Lab 1- Ramona Falls

Oregon has always been in my heart from the start.
=)


It is one of my favorite places to be and I get the pleasure of being there every so often due to most of my extended family living there.  

The Redwoods and the Oregon Coast are the most relaxing places I have ever been.  I have been skiing on Mt. Hood, but have not seen Ramona Falls (pictured below). It is now a new goal for next time I visit!  



Glacial silt-rock
Mt. Hood is an old volcano, therefore it had a columnar basalt lava flow, but it also has glacial silt-rock due to its roots in freezing temperatures that created ice sheets and runoff when it melted.


Ramona Falls, Mt. Hood, Oregon
My Google Earth Map
Descriptive Map of Mt. Hood in relation to the Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment